Looking for ways to connect with your family during lockdown?
1. Do a daily hour of exercise together and outside in nature when ever possible.
2. Eat at least one daily meal together and discuss various non-COVID related topics.
3. Don’t force siblings together – they need space and time to adjust to the changes too, and they are less likely to be able to express their emotions in a calm way, which may mean managing their behaviour until they settle into the situation.
4. Reflect and share your fun and special memories. A nice way to do this is to look at old photo albums or tell the children a story about their great grandparents.
5. Try to actively listen to your child, by looking in their eyes with a warm expression, as they generally respond well to this (take a deep breath before talking if this helps).
Connection is always important, especially during times of uncertainty and change. Together we can be positive and become stronger in any situation.
Disclaimer: Please read the Terms, Privacy and Codes of Conduct.