Are you celebrating a COVID-safe Halloween?
Many Garran families celebrate Halloween in some way…
It’s an exciting time to dress-up and to have fun. This year it’s important to adhere to the ACT rules and restrictions that apply. These often get updated or changed – so please check https://www.covid19.act.gov.au before you Trick or Treat!
At the moment Trick or Treating in Canberra is allowed – but make sure you follow some key advice:
For Trick or Treaters…
- Stay in your suburb
- Avoid “treat streets” that attract big crowds
- Wait for crowds to clear around busy homes before visiting
- Wear covid-safe masks (make them spooky)
- Stay with your family group with a supervising adult
- Always keep your 1.5metre distance
- Only accept individually wrapped sweets, chocolates or toys
- Don’t share your sweets with people outside your household
- Carry tissues, hand sanitiser and your phone
- Remember to recycle or properly dispose of your wrappers
- Don’t go into anyone’s home (this is standard safety advice)
For Halloween houses…
- Consider leaving containers of sweets out front with a sign to “Just take one each”
- Or hang treats from a tree or decorative statue
- Ensure all sweets and treats are individually wrapped
- Don’t give homemade treats
- Where possible have hand sanitiser available
- If you are in quarantine or isolation don’t answer the door
IMPORTANT: If you have any COVID-related symptoms stay at home and celebrate with your family:
You could watch a spooky cartoon like Scooby Doo…
You could bake scary cookies…
You could do some scary arts and crafts…
You can dress-up and make a scary home video…
You could carve a pumpkin…
Have spooky fun and stay super safe!
Disclaimer: Please read the Terms, Privacy and Codes of Conduct.