We are working on having this information available in a number of languages: If you are a member of the community and would like to translate this information in another language please CONTACT the team.
Terms, Privacy, Codes of Conduct
The website and blog that is www.garranpandc.com will be referred to as “Site” on this page.
The Garran Primary School Parent and Citizens Association is referred to as “the P&C”
These Terms, Privacy, and Code of Conduct govern your use of “Site”. By using “Site”, you accept these entirely.
This information includes:
- Code of Conduct for use of “Site” and P&C Social Media (FaceBook, YouTube, comments and feedback on “Site” and forums etc).
If you disagree with any part of these Terms, Privacy, and Code of Conduct, then please either CONTACT “the P&C” committee with fair reason, or do not use “Site”.
CODES OF CONDUCT
Connect with Clear, Considerate, Kind, Concise Communication
Considerate contributions: Please consider that any contribution you make will affect other users and the outcomes of “Site”. Carefully form your comments, feedback and content. Check the current “Site” Terms and Privacy.
Respect all in the community: Difference amongst people is expected. Disrespect is NOT acceptable. Contributions that include inappropriate language or personal attacks will not be added, or will be removed from “Site”.
Disclosure: You must not disclose on “Site”, including but not limited to, the blog or social media platforms, any private information about yourself or another person, or solicit this information from another person.
Check facts: Provide accurate information. This includes your name, and content in blog posts/articles. Please ensure you check your facts and, where possible, add links and references the information. Do not share any images or information unless you have permission or it is available publicly elsewhere. If you need to double check any information CONTACT “the P&C”.
- Copyright of photos, videos and other content on “Site” belongs to the individual contributors.
- Copyright of “Site” belongs to the Garran Primary School Parents and Citizens Association.
- Copyright of some material on “Site” is used under the terms of relevant licenses.
- Unless otherwise stated on a particular page of “Site”, you may NOT copy, reproduce, distribute, modify, display, prepare derivative works based on, republish, transmit, repost or otherwise use the content of “Site” without the written permission of “the P&C”.
- You may share on social media in accordance with the law set out in these “Site” Terms, Privacy and Codes of Conduct.
- You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions below.
- You must NOT re-publish material from “Site” (including republication on another website);
- You must NOT sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material on “Site”;
- You must NOT re-produce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on “Site” for a commercial purpose;
- You must NOT edit, or otherwise modify any material on “Site”;
- You must NOT cause any slander to the name or reputation of “Site”, including but not limited to, the administration, the contributors, the school and individual members of the committee.
- By reading these Terms you agree that:
- You will NOT share or submit content on “Site” that is obscene or indecent, depicts violence, sexual activity or pornography; or contains instructions in crime or drug use; or defames, harasses, menaces, threatens, abuses, offends or embarrasses any person; infringes the copyright, moral rights, confidentiality rights or intellectual property rights of any person, for example, claiming others’ artwork or photography as your own.
- You will NOT infringe any of our rights or the rights of any third person including privacy rights; breaches any laws, regulations, standards or codes as enacted, modified or updated from time to time; impersonate any person or suggests a connection to a group or organisation which is misleading.
- “The P&C” use every reasonable effort to ensure that all information provided by “Site” is accurate and up-to-date. Everything on “Site” is provided to you on an “as is” basis and “the P&C” make no representations or warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, with respect to “Site” or the information, content, materials or products included in “Site”.
- Neither “the P&C” nor any third party involved in creating, producing, or delivering “Site” or any of the material or information contained in “Site” are liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, “Site”. “The P&C” assumes no responsibility for, and will not be held liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment, or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in “Site” or your downloading of any material from “Site”.
- Whilst the “the P&C” work directly to support Garran Primary School, and collaborates with the School – Garran Primary School has no responsibility relating to “Site”.
- Translated text is either written or proofed by community members, or converted by an application or widget such as Google Translate. “The P&C” aim for the translations to be as accurate as possible, however this content is provided on an “as is” basis and “the P&C” make no representations or warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, with respect to “Site” or the information, content, materials or products included in “Site”.
- “The P&C” are inclusive, however are not obligated to include any or all contributions.
- Photographs/stills media sent by contributors are subject to cropping and colour variation.
- External Resources: “The P&C” endeavours to only link to or provide material that “the P&C” feel is useful information: “The P&C” is not responsible for the contents of any external resources referred to, or any other sites linked to from within “Site”. Your use of any such resources is entirely at your own risk. “Site” endeavours to check resources and links for safety and accuracy, yet is not held liable, or by any means responsible for any external content or resources of “Site”. This includes any streamed videos.
- Variation: “The P&C” may at any future time revise this information. Any alterations in Terms, Privacy, and Code of Conduct, will be posted on this page. It is advised that you review this information page regularly.
- Availability: “Site” endeavours to be available and up-to-date with technologies, making your browsing, and navigation, as easy as possible, however “Site” makes no representation that the operation of “Site” will be uninterrupted or error-free, and will not be liable for the consequences of any interruptions or down time. “Site” makes no warranties or representations about the compatibility of any computers or devices you use to access this website.
- Legal Disclaimer:
- No health related information on “Site” should be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition. Contributors, including but not limited to; parents, family members, children, teachers, staff or volunteers are not providing professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. “Site” is intended to inform, help, inspire, teach and/or entertain, but all for general reference purposes only and is not intended to address specific medical conditions. You must seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional. The recommendations, instructions and advice contained within “Site” and any corresponding e-mail/s are in no way intended to replace or to be construed as medical advice and are offered for informational purposes only. Therefore information on “Site” is not a substitute for professional medical advice or a medical examination.
- “The P&C” will not be responsible or liable for any injury or harm you sustain as a result of videos, or information shared on “Site”: This includes emails, videos, blog post, and any third party websites you choose to visit. Therefore “the P&C” shall not be liable for any claims, demands, damages, rights of action or causes of action, present or future, arising out of or connected to the use of any of the information contained on “Site”, including any injuries resulting there from.
- Streamed Videos: If “the P&C” have chosen to stream any videos from a channel other than “Site”, containing third party content, it means that “the P&C” have done so because the content is of general interest to the community, and relevant to the other content on this website. In cases like this, the copyright belongs to the host of that streamed site and/or the person/s whom have produced the video/s or that are featured in the video/s. “The P&C” is not responsible for the content or effect of the content of any third party streamed videos.
- Commitment: “Site” is committed to protecting your privacy. If you choose to provide information to “the P&C” via this website then you grant permission for the information to be kept for “the P&C” database. Your details are strictly private. If you provide your email address then this will only be used for the reason you have provided this information, for example; for volunteering, or contributing an article, to be sent a newsletter or to be sent information that “the P&C” feels is relevant to you.
- Confidentiality: Your details will NOT be passed on to any third party without prior consent from you.
- Content: If you contribute to any content, including but not limited to, sending in artwork, images, video files, audio files, articles etc then you have given permission for this content to be published on “Site”. You can have any of this content removed at any time by contacting “the P&C” via EMAIL without reason.
- Photo Permissions: “Site” publishes images via a license-free platform namely Pexels. “Site” does not publish other images without the permission of the people who have taken the photo or those in the photo. If at any point you change your mind about your photo being on “Site” please CONTACT “the P&C” and we will remove in as short a time possible.
- Emails: “The P&C” only sends emails to those who have subscribed to a newsletter or given permission for use.
- Visitor Statistics: We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the “Site”. This can include analytics on the WordPress platform. It may include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. If you choose not to modify your browser “cookie” settings then “the P&C” is not responsible or liable for any tracking outcomes.
- Complaints: If you have any questions or comments about privacy or security, or any aspect or section of “Site”, please CONTACT “the P&C”. “The P&C” is operated by dedicated volunteers and aim to deliver the highest level of customer service, and will reply to any questions, comments, or complaints that you may have, with in good time. In the case of any complaints.
- Sensitive Personal Data: “The P&C” neither collects nor has access to any ‘sensitive personal data’ as defined by the Data Protection Act 2018.
“We wish to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land we learn and connect on; the Ngunnawal people. We wish to acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region. We would also like to acknowledge and welcome other Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who may be visiting this website.“